tih client nominated for hobey baker award!
A big shout out to Greg Gibson, who trains at The Ice House in the off-season, and has had a stellar senior season with NCAA Division I Robert Morris University Colonials. His success has translated to being nominated for the 2016 Hobey Baker Award, the annual award given to the top National Collegiate Athletic Association in men's hockey.
You can help Greg get awarded the Hobey Baker Award by voting online here.
Greg Gibson 2015/16 Season Highlights:
*Stats as of 1/18/16
- Tied 5th in nation scoring lead with 18 goals & 15 assists for 33 points
- Number two scorer in Atlantic Hockey
- Hockey Commissioner's Association player of the month in October as well as the Atlantic Hockey player of the month
- Tallied a point in each of Robert Morris’ first six games and multiple points in five of the six games
- Posted six goals and seven assists in the month of October, recording his first career hat trick in an 8-2 victory at Niagara.
- Notched five assists helping the RMU Colonials split with No. 10 Michigan, which included a 4-0 win, Robert Morris’ first win over a top-10 ranked team since December 2012
- Ranked in the top 40 in the career standings among active players in four categories, two inside the top 25: Points (99 points, 24th), Goals (55 goals, 7th), Power Play Goals (10 PPG, 39th), Game-Winning Goals (7 GWG, 30th) and 64th in assists with 44.
Never been to The Ice House?
Come check us out. We'll make it worth your while....
skating treadmill: the ultimate training tool?
Improve speed, quickness, balance, stride and stamina in one place. The Skating Treadmill is one of the most useful tools used among skaters today. Not only does the Skating Treadmill promote proper skating mechanics but provides instruction in a controlled environment where the skater can be observed and analyzed to get the most out of their session. Learn more...
congratulations referral contest winners!
1st Prize Winners Owen & Colton Miehm pose with their Mom Tyrena and their new 40" Sony TV.
2nd Prize - Blake Strain (Winnwell Hockey Equipment Prize Pack)
3rd Prize - Ethan Lumb (3 Month Membership)
The Ice House small group programs will focus on building a strong foundation to become an efficient skater and increase hockey knowledge and skills. With the low instructor to student ratio the participant will realize results through increased repetition and direct instruction and feedback. The Ice House has a welcoming environment with experienced instructors to give you the best start or push you to become the best you can be. Learn more...
looking to push your game to the next level?...
Join us during our Drop-In times:
Mondays - Fridays 9am - 6pm
Saturdays & Sundays 12pm - 5pm